Alpha Anywhere: Developer’s Course
Event on 2014-10-13 08:00:00
This 3-day course is for developers who intend to use Alpha Anywhere to build business applications that can be easily adapted to tablets and smartphones, as well as the latest laptops and desktop PCs. The course covers Alpha Anywhere's key features and capabilities, preparing the developer to take full advantage of the platform’s power and flexibility. Participants will learn to design, build, test, and deploy
Alpha Anywhere-based business applications. By the end of the course, they will also be able to refine and modify their existing Alpha Anywhere-based business applications.Workshop Objectives
- Create robust and secure business applications that can provide an authentic user experience on any mobile computing device.
- Publish mobile business applications.
- Use the features and capabilities of a mobile business application via web browsers.
- Intermediate-level programming experience or experience building full-featured business applications.
- Watch Alpha Software’s “Getting Started with Alpha Anywhere” video. The video is available on this site's "New to Alpha" page.
- Bring a laptop to class with:
- Alpha Anywhere installed and running (i.e. both the Developer Edition and the Application Server both running properly).
- Any Twin Peaks Research class data loaded. Data and loading instructions will be sent one week prior to the start of the course.
"All Inclusive" Pricing Options
Many of our customers asked for it, so we're pleased to announce an "all inclusive" pricing option for our 3-day Alpha Anywhere: Developer's Course as well as for both our 2-day Alpha Anywhere: Advanced Topics course and our 2-day Alpha Anywhere: Mobile Framework course. This option includes transportation from Logan Airport/Boston to the hotel; lodging at the Embassy Suites Hotel/Boston-Waltham; full breakfast and dinner at the hotel during your stay, as well as complimentary Internet access; transportation to/from our training facility each day; and then transportation back to Logan Airport when the course is over. See pricing plans here.
Please contact Colin Gorman by email, or by calling him directly at 1-908-907-1738, if you have questions about these "all inclusive" pricing options or about any of the courses that we are currently offereing. Agenda Day 1
Getting Ready for Development
- Creating a new Alpha Anywhere Workspace
- Defining database connection strings
- The Database Explorer
Creating a Data Entry Component
- Exploring the Web Projects Control Panel
- Creating a UX Component
- Adding controls to a UX Component
- Saving the UX Component
- Control Properties – Events, validation, appearance and display
- UX Component server-side Events
Creating a Component to Execute a Report
- Defining a report
- Executing the report
The List Control
- Displaying all rows of a table with a List
- Controls for navigating a List
Agenda Day 2
Creating a mobile business application
- Panel Card and Panel Navigator controls
- Directing application flow to a specific Panel Card
- Executing a Component from within a Panel Card
- Adding a Header or Footer to Panel Cards
Expanding application flexibility with arguments
- Presenting a search capability to the user
- Loading parent and child records based on a selection
Deploying a mobile business application
- Creating an A5W page from a Component
- Defining a project Profile
- Publishing the Project to the Profile
- Viewing the published business application on a mobile device
Agenda Day 3
SQL Update and Delete operations
- Controls for updating and deleting a row
- Server-side Events for loading records and executing updates
- Designing a report in Layout-table mode
Creating Web Components and controls
- Moving mobile application UX Components to the Web
- Simple and advanced Grid Components
- Previewing Components in Web browsers: Live Preview
- Creating an A5W page
- Defining CSS Style Sheets
- Building a tab-style interface with the Tabbed UI Builder
- Creating complex web pages with the Page Layout Builder
- Deploying a Web application
at Forefront Center
404 Wyman Street
Waltham, United States